1973/4 - GOV (Senate) - The Life Insurance Industry - Hart
- 1973 / 1974 - GOV (Senate) - The Life Insurance Industry - Senator Hart - 4 Parts
- 3 E. J. Moorhead, "The Hart Hearings in Perspective," Best's Review, January, 1974, p. 16:
- "First is the massive ignorance of policyholders about their life insurance.
- It is hard to believe that people know as little about their life insurance property as the surveys show."
- 4 Ibid.. p. 70. Mr. Moorhead points to five probable thrusts of the Hart hearings:
- (1) price and quality of our products,
- (2) freedom of the agent,
- (3) sales practices,
- (4) sales interference, and
- (5) efficiency of state regulation.
1974 - SOA - Consumerism and the Compensation of the Life Insurance Agent, Anna Maria Rappaport - 68p
- Armstrong Report
- (p113-175) - Understanding your Life Insurance, Institute of Life Insurance
The Widows study - LUTC and LIAMA
(p313-391) - The Onset Of Widowhood, vol. 1
(p392-508) - Adjustment to Widowhood, vol. 2
- (p566-610) - Statement of Joseph Belth
- p599 - Table 3 - Annual Information
- (p720-748) - Joint Special Committee on Life Insurance Costs - 29p - Snippets
- Cost Comparison Methods Table
- (p749-759) - Speech of E.J. Moorehead, 1970/11/09
- .....American consumers pay a bill without having more than a somewhat vague idea of what they are buying.
- If this were the result of flimflam, enforcement agencies would have been all over the sellers years ago. But this is not intentional flimflam it is as the man in " Fiddler on the Roof” explained away so many things— " tradition ."
- These 140 million consumers, at an outlay of about $23 billion a year, are buying life insurance policies. (p1)
1973 0220 - GOV (Senate) - The Life Insurance Industry, Senator Hart (D-MI) - Part 1 of 4 - [PDF-815p-GooglePlay]
- .. Exhibit Il <p117-120> which shows that, in the last fifty years, no less than 21 different attempts have been made to solve this problem.. insurance departments.
- Furthermore, enacting a federal statute on life insurance cost disclosure would only address itself to part of the problem.
1973-2, NAIC Proceedings, (p107-131)
-- Statement of Stanley C. DuRose, Jr. - Commissioner of Insurance - Wisconsin / NAIC
- (p993) - Life Insurance "Cost," "Price." and "Value" - Presentation
- (p1020)- NAIC Proposed Report of the Life Insurance Cost Comparisons and Price Disclosure
- (p899) 1960 - The Construction of Persistency Tables, by Ernest J. Moorehead(EJM), Society of Actuaries
- Interest Adjusted Method (IAM)
- Hruska, Durkin
- Pennsylvania Life Insurance Shopper's Guide - Denenberg
- John C. Bogle
- (p1818) - Consumers Union