1975 1203 /1204 - GOV (Senate) - Veterans Insurance Information Disclosure
- (p43) - Dan Andersen: ....so we developed a buyer's guide concept where we want to explain how you use the index.
- Well, if you explain how to use the index, you ought to explain what the policy is and what choices a buyer has,
- and we became convinced that the worst decisions that were made weren't necessary because the buyer bought a high cost policy but that he bought an inappropriate policy for his needs and for his budget.
- Senator Stone (D-FL). In other words, what we're looking for is not relative cost so much as relevance.
- Dan Andersen. Right, relevance to the buyer's needs and abilities to pay.
-- Dan Andersen, director of the Life and Health Insurance Division and chief actuary of the Iowa Insurance Department and chairman of the Cost Disclosure Task Force of the NAIC
2nd Part: LIFE INSURANCE CONSUMERS: AN EXPLORATORY STUDY OF ATTITUDES AND EXPECTATIONS REGARDING COST COMPARISON. (874/793)
- (p66) "Report to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners Life Insurance Cost Comparisons (C3) Task Force", a report prepared by the American Life Insurance Association Subcommittee on Cost Comparisons, Research Project No. 8
- (p178) - "Consumers' reactions to life insurance policy cost comparison methods," by the Life Insurance :Marketing and Research Association, Research Project 4
- (p255) - Statement of Joseph Belth
- (p269)- AP - Deceptive Sales Practices in the Life Insurance Business, Joseph M. Belth, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, Vol. 41, No. 2 (Jun., 1974), pp. 305-326 (22p), Published By: American Risk and Insurance Association <ARIA>
- (p959) - The "Manipulation" issue; research project 12 (Jan. 28, 1975), by E. J. Moorhead, F.S.A
- Analysis of life insurance cost comparison index methods (Sept. 1974).
- Life insurance consumers, publications entitled: What do consumers know about life insurance, including their own and what do consumers want to know at the point of sale?
- An exploratory study of attitudes and expectations regarding cost comparison.
- A National survey of cost comparison attitudes and experience