Skip to content
- 2008 0913 - FCIC - FRB (Brian Peters/NY/FRS) -FRBNYAIG00510 - 2p
- They are also large issuers of annuities and have $11B of contingent exposure in their domestic retirement services business.
- These are retail but run by large sponsors who could encourage accounts to put back the annuities in exchange for cash if they lose confidence in AIG.
- These sponsors are U.S. banks who have exposure elsewhere.
- This could be on top of the $18B payout above.
- They have similar exposures in Japan but could not quantify the size.