H. CAPITAL MARKETS BUREAU
The principal risk of capital markets activities within regulated entities is the potential for loss on investment instruments and investment portfolios that may materially affect capital adequacy.
- Managing this risk is the responsibility of the insurer's board of directors and management.
- A key to the regulation of capital markets activities is assessing what capital markets risks the insurer has and how it measures and manages these risks. (p151)
2009 -NYSID - 151st Annual Report of the Superintendent - 225p
- 2009 1006 - GOV - Capital Markets Regulatory Reform: Strengthening Investor Protection, Enhancing Oversight of Private Pools of Capital, and Creating a National Insurance Office
- [PDF-325p, Video - <Exists Somewhere> - Youtube Clip
- Testimony - Therese M. Vaughan, CEO-NAIC - 7p