The educational task is huge, and it's not just with the customers; it's with our agents also.
- I would say to all of you that if you think that you don't have any customers or any agents who fail to understand what a nonguaranteed illustration really means, you're kidding yourself.
-- Walter Miller - <Prudential>
1991 - SOA - Illustrations, Society of Actuaries - 20p
- <1> We want you to know that Financial Education is important, but that many other groups are better situated to design deliver and evaluate education than NAIC is.
- We think NAIC's most important role in Retirement Security is to make sure that consumers can safely buy well-designed insurance products in stable insurance markets.
- ... NAIC should focus it's efforts on consumers who have fewer resources.
- <3> 4th Graders / 12th Graders
- Teachers are going to teach what they know and what they are interested in and Insurance will be one of the items that gets short changed....
- So..... this concept of Just in Time education ....suggests that it will be most effective after high school.
-- Brenda Cude
- Knowledge lets consumers make rational decisions...
- However, as I say often, consumers do not make rational decisions....
- We know that knowledge is necessary to make a plan... so, that we can get the security we want in our lives.
- Our attitudes, our beliefs... they really come from our life experiences and they point us to different actions...
National Endowment for Financial Education Task Force (College Level)
2020/1/ - NAIC - RETIREMENT SECURITY Conference Call - NAIC, Cude / Kitt Presentation - <Bonk>