GICs (Guaranteed Investment Contracts)
- 2000 - SOA - GIC in a Box - 25p
- 1996-3v2, NAIC Proceedings - Synthetic GIC Working Group of the Life Insurance (A) Committee
- 1992 - SOA - GICS AND OTHER INSURANCE COMPANY PRODUCTS - ARE THEY STILL ALIVE? - 26p
- 1992 Summer - FRB - SPDAs and GICs: Like Money in the Bank? - Federal Reserve - [LINKtoPDF-18p]
- Then there's a counterpart to GICs, or bank investment contracts (BICs), which two years ago were an important force; they held a lot of attractions to the buyers and generated a lot of discussion in the insurance industry.
- Right now, the BIC market is quiet.
-- Joseph J. Buff
1992 - SOA - GICS AND OTHER INSURANCE COMPANY PRODUCTS - ARE THEY STILL ALIVE? - 26p
- Likewise, life insurance companies because of the huge growth of the guaranteed investment contracts have liabilities with an average duration of about 3.5 years.
- Yet, they're even more heavily invested in long-term mortgages and real estate equities.
-- Senator John Kerry (approx. 01:32:30)
1991 - GOV - Bank Industry Restructuring
GUARANTY FUND (EX4) TASK FORCE
- Brian Quigley (Travelers) .....noted that the task force should be aware that the trend is toward no coverage for GICs.
1987-2, NAIC Proceedings