Government Hearings - 2007
- 2007 0307 - GOV (Senate) - The McCarran-Ferguson Act and Antitrust Immunity: Good for Consumers?
- [PDF-144p, Video-?] - <mp3, mp4> - R
- Senate - Committee on the Judiciary
- 2007 0926 - GOV (Senate) - Offshore Tax Issues: Reinsurance And Hedge Funds
- 2007 1003 - GOV (House) - The Need for Insurance Regulatory Reform
- [PDF-163p, Video-Can't Find-No Video Made?] - <mp3, mp4> - R
- Condron, Christopher M., Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, on behalf of the American Council of Life Insurers.
Mr. Royce. So we have the SEC. We have the Fed. We have the OCC that all serve to get financial instruments to represent the interests of the banking industry in terms of gaining access to markets overseas, and you are speculating that the National Association of Insurance Commissioners is not going to have that same clout or seat at the table in terms of opening those markets for competition?
Mr. Condron. They just cannot. You know, they cannot agree on what the reserving requirements will be on universal life insurance policies, or when they do agree, they cannot get all of the States to go along, and that is the frustration, I think, Commissioner Bell and all of the commissioners have always had with the NAIC.
- House - Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance, and Government Sponsored Enterprises - Committee on Financial Services
- 2007 1030 - GOV (House) - Additional Perspectives on the Need for Insurance Regulatory Reform
- [PDF-180p, Video-Archive.org- Bad Video] - <mp3, mp4> - R
- House - Committee on Financial Services -Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance, and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- House Page - [link]