Government Hearings - 2010
- 2010 0318 - GOV (House) - Insurance Holding Company
[PDF-183p, VIDEO-?] - <mp3, mp4> - R
- (p1) - Kanjorski: The Federal Government’s intervention in American International Group has raised many questions about the existing oversight of holding companies with insurance operations.
- While AIG’s insurance companies may not have directly caused the conglomerate’s downfall, the actions of the holding company and other subsidiaries within AIG certainly could have led to serious consequences for insurance policyholders if the government had not stepped in.
- House - Committee on Financial Services - Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance, and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- 2010 0624 - GOV - Conference on Financial Regulations Bill, Day 7, Part 5