- I found it interesting that a number of small stock companies are using somewhat low-grade investments to determine their future investment yield.
- I wonder whether this is a trend, and whether they take the default risk into consideration.
-- CHARLES PICARD
1985 - ACTUARIAL PRICING ASSUMPTIONS IN A VOLATILE ENVIRONMENT, Society of Actuaries - 32p
- Another area of concern relating to solvency is investments by insurers.
- Recently, some states have expressed concern over investment by life insurance companies in high yield /high risk obligations, referred to as "junk bonds."
-- STATEMENT OF NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE COMMISSIONERS - John Washburn , Director of Insurance for the State of Illinois and Vice President of the NAIC
- 1987 0701/29 and 101 - GOV - Developments In State Insurance Regulation
- [PDF-511p-GooglePlay, No Video]
- 1987 0701 - GENERAL OVERVIEW
- 1987 0729 – LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY SOLVENCY
- 1987 1014 - FINANCIAL GUARANTEE INSURANCE
- SUBCOMMITTEE ON COMMERCE , CONSUMER PROTECTION, AND COMPETITIVENESS - COMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND COMMERCE - HOUSE