- Ms. Edwards requested the wishes of the subcommittee as to whether the task force should address the question of manipulation with inforce policies.
- Upon a motion duly made, the subcommittee unanimously charged the task force with studying and making appropriate recommendations concerning manipulation with in-force policies.
1980-2, NAIC Proceedings
- ....would also like to suggest that this report deals effectively with each of the types of "malignant manipulation" suggested in Mr. Reiskytl's letter of March 26, 1979, to the Advisory Committee on Manipulation.
- If you follow a path as we just followed in these two previous examples, you will see how each of Mr. Reiskytl's problems can be dealt with in Exhibit A, B and C.
1980-2, NAIC Proc.
History and Background of the Manipulation Problem
- At least as long ago as 1932, the word "manipulated" was publicly applied to policy structures that a critic judged to be contrary to the best interests of policyholders.
- That comment is to be found in Vol. XXXIII of the Transactions of the Actuarial Society of America, p. 445.