Questioning the Solvency of an Insurance Company
- 1989 0501 - National Press Club / CSPAN - Where Was the Press During the S&L Crisis? - [link]
- Jim Leach - (House-R-IA: 1977-2007)
- Bean - Vaughan
- 1991 - GOV - Insurance Insovenc - Baldwin United - Insurance Commissioners
- 199x - GOV - Executive Life - Siegerman.
- 199x - GOV - Dorgan - Problems, no Problems, Inclined to believe there are problems
2021 - YPFS Lessons Learned Oral History Project: An Interview with Eric Dinallo - 19p
(p6) - I wrote an op-ed for the [Financial Times] that lays out that there's a law, that [hedge fund manager] Bill Ackman and I argued about.
- About not disparaging or questioning the solvency of an insurance company.
- You can short the stock all day, and you can go out there and trash MBIA stock all day.
- But when you start to question its solvency, that's actually against the law.