Questions - NAIC
- Transcript of NAIC Webex Conference Calls like the SEC?
- Why is there a JP Morgan Copyright on NAIC materials?
- Who is/are the Life Insurance experts at NAIC / States?
- Who came up with using "Cash Value" for Universal Life Insurance? - 1996
- Charges to Premium, wording change - 1996
<Question: Why wasn't the 198x Life Insurance Buyer's Guide adopted by States?>
- <Question>: - Is the "guaranteed gross premium" in the NAIC Valuation Manual the same/similar/different than the "Guaranteed Maturity Premium" in the NAIC Universal Life Model Regulation?
<Question>: Ad Hoc Group?:>
- Who were the participants of the Ad Hoc Group?
- Were there any other ideas besides a 1-2 page "Policy Overview"
- What information and who from in determining how Agents and Consumers use Policy and Narrative Summaries?
6-20 NAIC Proceedings – Fall 2016, Life Insurance Illustration Issues (A) Working Group\
- <Question>: Whatever happened to doing consumer testing, what they need, before, and after creating model reg, docs? NAIC Proceedings – Spring 2016 6-9
<Question: What terminology did he think was "sloppy?">
- Commissioner Wilcox said that he admitted that the working group had gotten a little sloppy on its terminology, but it had been clear all along that the working group was focusing on sales.
1996-4, NAIC Proceeding
<Question: Why wasn't the Policy Information for Applicant - Universal Life adopted by States?>
To date, no state has adopted these forms.
Why this complete lack of action after all the effort in developing the forms?
- One possible reason is that, during the early part of the year, state insurance departments are generally busy dealing with the legislatures, which customarily are in session then.
- Also, it takes a few months for new NAIC regulations to be officially published, distributed, and adapted for individual state use.
- Many states also have been occupied with more urgent concerns, such as automobile and health insurance rates and solvency questions.
-- Tony Spano (ACLI)
1990 - QUALITY OF LIFE INSURANCE SALES ILLUSTRATIONS, Society of Actuaries - [PDF-16p]