Richard Scott - AIG
- Richard Scott, Senior Vice President for Investment and Head of Fixed Income, the Chief Investment Officer for the Insurance Company portfolios
I want to touch a little bit on the market for RMBS, I think there's been a huge amount of confusion out there.
- The first and most important point I want to make is that within this portfolio, except for the very modest holdings of about $235 million in the RMBS CDO space, these are direct securitizations we own of the underlying hard asset, i.e. the loan itself.
- These are not intermediated through a CDO type structure, these are direct pools, if you will, of ultimate mortgage loans
- AIG, Senior Vice President of Investments
- Securities Lending
- FQ. 2010-06-28 D Noonan interview with Richard Scott
AIG’s senior vice president of investments, Richard Scott, in whose purview securities lending fell, echoed this optimism several months later:
- One of the clear opportunities here is that if you believe, as we do, that the AAA sector of the RMBS market is money good and if you could truly buy those securities at significant discounts, there’s a huge opportunity.
- And there’s a bit of resistance to catching the falling knife.
- But on the other hand, we’ve got a long-term view.
- And if we can buy that paper at meaningful discounts to par and have high confidence that we’re going to get paid back over the next three or four years, we should be buying a lot of that.153 (p26)
2014 05 - SECURITIES LENDING AND THE UNTOLD STORY IN THE COLLAPSE OF AIG, by Hester Peirce - No. 14-12 - 82p
153 AIG December 2007 Conference Call, supra note 136, at 43 (statement of Richard Scott, Senior Vice President,
FCIC Interview - MP3
- Agic (sp) - Agent, not a principal
- Corporate Treasurers Office
- Corporate Treasurer? Who
- Cash Managed by the Treasury Group
- Role - Chief Investment Officer for the Insurance Subsidiaries
- 98% of time to General Accounts
- Other Names -
- Peter Adamcyzk - "
- "The business was run by a guy named Peter Adamcyzk. It was his business line if you will.
- He reported through most of this time to a guy named Rich <Mercanti> who was the head of Domestic Fixed Income after I became the head of Global Fixed Income.
- Then after Rich left he reported to a guy named Craig Mitchell, who was Head of Insurance Portfolio Management.".... "and those gentlemen reported to me."
- Peter Adamcyzk - "