- Prudential indicated that it has not had losses since it got into the securities lending business in the 1980s and it is viewed today as essentially a risk-free transaction. (p23)
2007 - SmallTalk, Society of Actuaries - 28p
- 2012 0427 - FSB - FSB Report on Securities Lending and Repos: Market Overview and Financial Stability Issues - 45p
- 2013 0827- FSB - Peer Review of the United States - 65p
- Life insurers that engaged in securities lending business were negatively affected by illiquid markets during the financial crisis as a result of reinvesting cash collateral in illiquid instruments. (p34)
- Figure 7 illustrates our identification strategy by focusing on the differences in lending behavior between MetLife and AIG.
2019 - FRB - Over-the-Counter Market Liquidity and Securities Lending - 61p
2018 0307 -- Legislative Review of H.R. 5059 - 1:48
1:34 - Schwarcz: Securities Lending, AIG Life Insurance
- Skinner - UK
- Insurance companies must also follow the appropriate statutory accounting rules related to securities lending transactions, which are included in the NAIC Accounting Practices and Procedures Manual.