ACADEMIC | ACLI | ACTUARIAL | GOVERNMENT (FEDERAL) | INDUSTRY | ILLUSTRATIONS | LAW REVIEWS | LEGAL CASES | MEDIA | NAIC | Ratebooks
1978 - Dividend decisions and the structure of the life insurance industry - Roger A. Formisano
1978 - "Effectiveness of the Proposed FTC, NAIC, and BELTH Cost Disclosure Systems", (115 pages; + 59 page appendix)., Jacob Jacoby
1978 - "Study of likely impact of disclosure of life insurance costs on agent and consumer behavior." - (L0226). - Jacob Jacoby,
1982 - Richard G. Schectman, New Concepts in Life Insurance Planning: Universal Life, 13 Cumb. L. Rev. 219, 222 (1982). <Bonk: Available on HeinOnline, From Thao v Midland, Case No. 09-C-1158, Case 2:09-cv-01158-LA Filed 05/24/12 Page 2 of 19 Document 73, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF WISCONSIN
Life Insurer Insolvency: Liability Concerns of Agents and Brokers - Harnett, Bertram.Journal of the American Society of CLU & ChFC; Bryn Mawr Vol. 46, Iss. 3, (May 1992): 60.
2005 - The Highly Troubled Ethical Environment of the Life Insurance Industry: Has It Changed Significantly from the Last Decade and If so, Why?, Cooper, R., & Frank, G. (2005), Journal of Business Ethics, 58(1/3), 149-157.
Universal Study Note - referenced in 1999 - A Brief History of Universal Life, Douglas C. Doll - 4p - Society of Actuaries
Analysis of Life Insurance Cost Comparison Index Methods, Society of Actuaries. Committee on Cost Comparison Methods and Related Issues - 1974, 202 pages
Philosophies in the computation and dissemination of dividend illustrations, Society of Actuaries (Committee on Cost Comparison Methods and Related Issues (Special)), 85 pages, 1974
-Enrolled Actuaries Report - 1970s, 1980s, 1990s. They are not on the website. https://www.actuary.org/content/enrolled-actuaries-report
1991 - S.1644 - Insurance Protection Act of 1991
1997 or any year - Insurance Marketplace Standards Association Assessment Handbook (IMSA) - ACLI
Late in 1970 the National Underwriter (an insurance trade publication ) published a volume called “Cost Facts on Life Insurance Interest - Adjusted Method"
1973 - GOV - Review of Veterans' Insurance Programs: June 12, 1973
"An Agent's Guide to Universal Life, Part 1," Life Insurance Selling, May 1982, pp. 137-145
"An Agent's Guide to Universal Life, Part 2," Life Insurance Selling, June 1982, pp. 90-97.
- TEFRA's Conversion of Universal Life into the Flexible Premium Life Insurance Contract
ARDIAN GILL - I have a suggestion for Mr. Richards on his product and the scorekeeping of it. This comes from a paper by Mr. Maurice Levita, which is in the proceedings of the Conference of Actuaries.
- Maurice suggested some years ago that this type of product could be very simply administered by treating each premium as buying extended term insurance.
- And each succeeding premium, if there is one, extends the term or if the face amount is increased, it might reduce the term or otherwise adjust it.
1980 -Product Innovation - Response to Consumer Needs in the 1980's, The Society of Actuaries
WishList: a paper by Mr. Maurice Levita, which is in the proceedings of the Conference of Actuaries
Adjustable Life Examples - Minnesota Mutual, Bankers Life, Principal Life
Vanishing Premium Illustration Examples - Prudential, Metlife, etc.
Developments in the Life Insurance Industry, Paul J. Mason, Jerold H. Rosenblum, Practising Law Institute, 1986 - 616 pages
Richard G. Schectman, New Concepts in Life Insurance Planning: Universal Life, 13 Cumb. L. Rev. 219, 222 (1982). <Bonk: Available on HeinOnline, From Thao v Midland, Case No. 09-C-1158, Case 2:09-cv-01158-LA Filed 05/24/12 Page 2 of 19 Document 73, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF WISCONSIN,
Mason & Roth, “SEC Regulation of Life Insurance Products -- On the Brink of the Universal.” 15 Conn. L. Rev. 505, 551 n.186 (1983)
- Any Agent Depositions
- Blumenthal v New York Life
- Walker v LSW
- Any Expert Witness Depositions / Report
- Fay v Aetna
- Fay v Aetna
NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners)
- 1973 Vol. I - "The Subcommittee heard an interim report from the Price Illustrations Task Force. The report was widely distributed prior to the meeting. Some discussion ensued and a specific presentation was made to the entire Subcommittee by Mr. Robert Seiler. The written document was distributed to the Subcommittee members, but it was decided not to attach the document to the Task Force report.
- 1973 Interim Version of the NAIC Life Insurance Buyer's Guide
- The 1983 Life Insurance Buyer's Guide prepared by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners - "no Official copy exists"
- 1983 - Universal life insurance regulation workbook National Association of Insurance Commissioners NAIC. (A5) Task Force Industry Advisory Committee - HG 8823 N38 A5 - NAIC CIPR Library
- 1983-2 NAIC Proc.
Mr. Jackson distributed copies of the article "A Regulator's View of Universal Life," by John 0. Montgomery, F.S.A., M.A.A.A., and also a working draft of the Universal Life Insurance Model Regulation, which contained Definitions, Valuation and Non-Forfeiture sections (Attachment Two-A1). Ms. McGrath distributed the New York "Guidelines for Submission and Approval of 'Universal Life' and Other Life Policies" published March 16, 1983.