Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- 2008 0316 - Bear Stearns collapse and merger with JPMorgan Chase
- 2008 0914 - Merrill Lynch was sold to Bank of America
- 2008 0915 - Lehman Brothers filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Lehman Brothers - Long Term Capital Management hedge fund collapsed in 1998
- 2008 0916 (Tuesday) - AIG - the Federal Reserve provided an $85 billion two-year loan
- 2008 12/10-11 - Bernie Madoff tells sons, gets arrested next day.
- Neil Barofsky
- SIGTARP, the Special United States Treasury Department Inspector General overseeing the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP), from late 2008 until his resignation at the end of March 2011
- previous to which he was Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 2000 to 2008.